Weekly Newsflash - Another new addition to the game (forum)
Server: Eternal, LifeCycle
Summary: Some updates from our HI2 quest writer!
Welcome to the Game Forum Newsflash
One of the issues brought up by players concerned the lack of updates, even updates to notify players that we work on the game. The newsflash is aimed to address this issue.
Why do I write it in the forum and not as a proper "news" ad on the site's main page? Because it's not really an official update about the game. It's a summary of what we had, are having now and is planned to be in the forum. Since the forum is about to become the main platform for talking about things that were added or might be added to the game, I thought I better find an organized way to sum up everything one in a while. Anyway, I guess it mainly targets those who don't have the time or the will to read long posts and just want a brief summary.
Of course, if there are things you want to share with other players (you reached such and such exp, you finally completed the main quest, you found your dream horse, etc.) you can also do that.
I'll try to post a newsflash every week of two weeks, depends on the amount of content.
So, to the newsflash of this week:
1. Improvement of communication For those who missed, I'm Pathfinder (you can call me Path) and I'm writing quests, books, adventures and challenges for the game. I'll make sure there is always a thread in this forum where you can suggest ideas for new quests (and books and adventures).
2. The food challenge (which will have a better name) There is a whole thread about this new feature that might be added to the game. In short, players will receive food orders from one of the inns of Horse Isle, and will have 24 hours to deliver it. Thanks to your positive reviews I've already started to code the whole thing. We'll start with NarrowTon inn (which was favored by most so far) and if it works well I'll add additional inns. I want to remind: If you have any additional suggestions please submit them now. It is very problematic to go back and change a quest (or a challenge, in this case) after it has been fully written, tested and uploaded into the game.
Upcoming (in other words: A few reasons to keep visit the forum):
1) Adventure Mazes: What are they, why have we done them the way they are and why do they still have bugs? If you've ever wanted to ask something about this new feature added to the game, or wanted to suggest things regarding it- That'll be the place to do so.
2) Some of the most important quests in the game. It doesn't matter if you like to quest, compete or both- You have to do those quests. Any idea what quests I refer to?
3) Oh, the inflation... We will talk about it after I finish setting up a few things.
If you have any other topics you want to talk about (or want me to clarify) feel free to post here, open a new thread or in-game mail me.
One last, and important, thing - Because this newsflash is in the forum, and not on the main page, players who don't visit this forum might miss it. So if you have in-game buds please remember to ask them if they had read the latest newsflash. I can't reach all of the players on HI on my own so I gonna need your help with that. You can also talk about the forum using area chat, that's fine. Do *not* use global ads for that, but only area chat.